Thursday, July 18, 2013

OC Couplings

I really can't see L with anyone really... I thought he was asexual at best. 
I'm never the one for OC pairings EVER unless it has characters who does not have a designated love interest. To me, Original Characters can be good when done right but horrible when done wrong.

I don't steadfastly ship any OC pairings at all (perhaps not yet). You already saw my utter hatred for Mary Russell; that's how it's done incorrectly.

You can see the love triangle...
To my surprise, I love OC Couplings when it is kept ambiguous. Take for example, Seiji Yukimura & Reborn in Birds Love Namimori and Fen & Harry Potter in Card Captor Harry. Just to let you know, these just came at the top of my head. That doesn't mean I support them.

It's a given that these two ships are given a lot of teasing more than what the couplings you thought should be given (Shizuka for Seiji and Winter for Harry). However, both ships show just how compatible the two ships are but they are maybe, maybe.

Their interactions are worthy of any Yay. Anybody can see sometimes the (blatant) subtext. Other characters take it the wrong way whenever they are acting unusual together like being very nice and acting like a lovey-dovey couple. Unlike others I seen, they seems blissfully unaware that they are seen as such but does have an idea and acts tsundere-ish (Reborn and Fen).

I usually avoid any OC with a canon character like a plague if they are the main ship but if it's a side, that's a maybe. Sometimes, I may not know since these pairings above aren't definite and not listed.

Like crossover couples, I don't easily won over so like other works I let fanfiction and other fan products to do it for me. It has to be some other sources that does not list the pairings as much. Granted, listing pairings can grab attention if romance is the main point. However those will only work on me if there are any canon pairings or fanon pairings but not OC pairings.

This is my opinion. I like to only pair OC with OC only. Even though they are some great OC pairing out there with a canon character, I just have a bad experience with one and I don't read them much. I just feel that it's just wish fulfillment or an empty slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment