Saturday, January 23, 2016

Favorite Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks Films


Now it's no surprise that I started a love-hate relationship with Disney and Pixar. Dreamworks had yet to and I always found it exasperating when there are take that towards this particular company. I don't care that you don't like this but you cannot ignore that there are some good that Dreamworks produced just as Disney and Pixar produced some bad. It goes with a long history and brand name which the latter part is still bad for people thinking animation is for kids and only for kids. You cannot honestly expect that anything can be put out be good completely. I mean I love Hiromu Arakawa and I still criticize her works no matter how much I love them. Yes, there are good writers and bad writers but they can make a bad work and a good work respectively.

Disney/Pixar Honorable Mentions
  • Wall-E
  • The Incredibles
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • Treasure Planet
  • Enchanted
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Bolt
Dreamworks Honorable Mentions
  • Shrek (1 and 2) and Puss in Boots
  • Monsters vs. Aliens
  • Road to El Dorado
Favorite Disney/Pixar Films
  • Mary Poppins
  • Up
  • Toy Story 1 and 2 (not 3 for reasons I already explained in a previous post)
  • Fantasia
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Lilo and Stitch
  • Return to Oz
Favorite Dreamworks Films
  • Prince of Egypt
  • How To Train Your Dragon (both of them but I have a special place in my heart for the first film)
  • Kung Fu Panda (both of them)
  • Madagascar (all of them)
  • The Croods
  • Megamind
So there that is all. Happy Birthday to me~! When Kung Fu Panda 3 comes out, I'm going to see it as a belated gift along with Deadpool even though that one is a month after.

Also, I do not want you to follow my opinions like drones. I saw it with internet reviewers when some made clear that they do not want you to do that (although there are some who let popularity get to their heads and relish on those who hate those movies just as they do). I do respect their opinions even though I disagree with them...more often than not. I am too kind to do any kind of talking behind their back (personally while a discussion is fine, go straight up to the creator and discuss it...civilly) and I would take it up with them, to communicate with them to disagree with their opinion. I saw it before in AT4W's comments sections where they are people who do like the comics Linkara reviewed and he's utterly respectful even going as far as reiterating his point in various videos. While Channel Awesome may not be always great, they are at least respectful to other's opinions (just look at the Man of Steel movie where I recall Angry Joe having a positive opinion while his colleagues have less than positive. Look at the Nostalgia Critic review of the movie with two sides arguing and it's good and fair.) and try to understand in spite of brutal honesty these critics reveled in. Hey, at least they didn't revel in pissing people off. If they did, it's more accidental and more due to their attitude. Hey, that's just my opinion and I haven't seen all the critics...although there are critics that greatly turned me off like Blockbuster Buster. Try one video and I just can't....

I'll be using Hetalia gifs from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment