Saturday, January 16, 2016

(Home) Rise of the Brave Tangled (Frozen) Dragons (6)

I love crossovers myself but this is getting out of hand.
By the way, the parentheses that have the parts of a movie title are unofficially part of this stupid shipping fandom.

I don't mind people making crossovers as long as they are self-contained and this fandom is not self-contained. I personally don't like this crossover because of how the characters are wrecked for pairing's sake (and that is what is primarily, a shipping fandom not like other shipping fandoms I saw because one it kept growing) and as more animated films (well the popular ones that are) came out, the more films are added.

I initially try to like this because I want to like it with many of my favorite characters. If used well, then there can be good fanfics out there. Crossovers is a difficult thing to maintain because characters must react to ways that are not their own and be IC at the same time. Humanity and all characters must play a part in the story, not just your main protagonists (even if your main focus is on the pairing). Don't ignore anything of value from the original but try to mesh well with the worlds you wanted to write. See Kingdom Hearts and Marvel Cinematic Universe for official media crossovers. If want an example of fanfiction, see Gameplay by Azurelitestar or Shara Raizel's works of Digimon crossovers.

However, it's hard to take seriously when the characters are more likely to fight (Merida and Hiccup due to their origins... and no, I really can't see them together due to how the movies handle their development. Merida is just bad, caring about herself and making other conform to her ideals instead of understanding what it means to be Queen whereas Hiccup was forced to grow up and learn what it means to be chief and done more than Merida did. If I want any kind of relationship, it would be a friendship based on their adrenaline activities and remain friends. I want all these characters involved in this fandom just be friends.) and characters to their respective world. I want to keep them separate because characters connected to each of these characters are ignored or taken to the side even though those characters take a great change in their protagonists. I hate the OOC with the passion which is a big no-no; normally I don't mind OOC moments as long they get their character but to see it like Man of Steel level is saddening. The last fanfic I recommend had OOC Tadashi but the way the author handled Tadashi's descent and transition from a benevolent man to an anti-heroic unscrupulous hero and how he became Kitsune is much better portrayed and better yet IC than Jack Frost being Elsa's husband (while I honestly have a liking for Jack X Bunnymund, even Tooth is better for Jack than Elsa). Yes, I can see people ship them (an extent) and I hate ship wars but even I, one who love crossovers, have my limits.

People, I don't mind you guys liking this and shipping whatever pair you like but even now, I would rather see the Merthur or any BL ship fandom in any fandom except this one.

Speaking of ships...


And for more happiness



Yeah, I'm going to watch Tokyo Ghoul and Death Parade soon. Technically, it's not happiness because it's a seinen tragedy but still better than what I had to go through this post.


Hey, this sequence is completely awesome and delightfully meta. I like the movie and it's still better than the other Captain America film. I meant the very old one, not the recent ones.

So I just watched Inside Out and I enjoyed it, more than Frozen. Frozen skimmed a lot of things while IO actively examines depression through the Emotions' actions. I just feel insulted by what Frozen said about depression when it's hardly researched. I don't want to hate Frozen but when other movies and works know how to do what Frozen had and make it their own no matter how cliche their work is, then it's honestly saddening. I don't want to yell or condemn anyone but rather I want them to listen. I am willing to listen to those who hate the works I love like Hetalia (except those haters I encountered doesn't seem to realize what Hetalia actually is) or FMA; I would understand even though I disagree with their opinion. It boils down to opinion and should be treated respectfully. Even though my cousin does not like Steven Universe, I do and would try to understand why she doesn't like it and I would argue civilly why it's good in my opinion, more than just lesbian space-rocks or other stuff that the really militant social justice toxicity are infecting those who really want to actively help the society. I would remind you that the former really made me want to block the tags involving that social justice even though I took a Sociology class out of interest of the fury regarding the events that took place when I was taking said classes and because Tumblr, while a lesser evil, became a bit toxic to me to even go there except for side-blogs I handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment